Print/view the 07/21/22 Tidings
A Message from Pastor Amy
Starting this week, I’ll begin a 3-week sermon series on The Lord’s Prayer. We know it. We say it. We’re gonna dig in so that we can pray it.
Come learn how Jesus’ context shaped His message; why God’s plan and Kingdom can’t be legislated; and, what to do when you don’t get your way when you pray.
Worship is always more than the sermon. In these weeks, we’ll have children’s sermons and special coffee and conversation time. Come be a part of this so we can grow in community with God, with each other, and with the world.
At the end of this 3-week series, on August 7, we’ll hold our semi-annual meeting. This is when we’ll elect and install new council members. It’s time to give thanks for council members who’ve
completed their service on council.
- Matt Evenson completes his 6 years of service to the congregation. In those 6 years he’s seen call committees call me (twice) and call Pastor Madeline, served as a levelheaded leader after Bryan resigned, as we hung on tight in the pandemic, and everything in between. Matt is known on Council for asking good questions, sharing his faith in Jesus, disagreeing with grace, all with a heart for the future of this church and what God is asking of us.
- Chris Cluver is transitioning out of her 30+ year career as Trinity’s Treasurer. She’ll continue to serve with the Finance Ministry Team, HR Ministry Team, and bookkeeping duties. Chris has a heart for people in need, going out of her way to make sure the church’s Good Samaritan gifts are sent out as soon as possible. Erik Huth is our new Treasurer. Erik has been with council for a year and Trinity for 5 years. Erik is a recently retired actuary who’s excited to do budget projections.
- Jeanne Stark is finishing her council service, too. She came on as an interim council member 4 years ago. Jeanne has served on the HR Ministry Team and as Council Secretary. No one takes notes like Jeanne! As a retired RN and administrator, Jeanne has worked hard on building functional organization for church administration.
On the surface this might seem like a bureaucratic meeting, but it’s a faithful act of a faithful community. We need you here for it.
It’s gonna be a good three weeks (and beyond)!
You’re invited to join the church council in a gift for Pastor Madeline for her installation. If you would like to contribute financially to the gift, please indicate “Installation Gift” on the memo line of your check or on an offering envelope. Talk to any of the council members if you have any questions.
Barry Satterlee and his crew of 19 men will be at church starting July 25 to replace the roof. All doors will be closed to access except for the awning door on the east side of the church (door No. 7). There will be gutter stored in the back of the church by the parking lot. Please use caution when entering and exiting the church.
Trinity Hiring Music Director
We hope to hire a Director of Music here at Trinity. Here is the position listing:
Trinity seeks a part-time Director of Music of 15 hours/week. Trinity is a member congregation of the ELCA in Fort Atkinson, WI. Our central, unifying activity is worshiping God together. We value variety between new things and old favorites. We look forward to engaging music, singing in harmony, and special music offerings. We have excellent Choir Directors and Praise Band members, along with experienced Organists/Pianists. These last are looking to step back from regular duties and the Pastors and Council believe this is an opportunity to hire a Director of Music with a heart for Jesus who will:
- Serve as Primary Worship Musician 2-3 times/month
- Coordinate, schedule, and communicate with existing Music Staff, Pastor, Office Administrator, and Congregation
- Work in conjunction with the Pastor(s) in worship planning and preparation
- Recruit students and adults for special music, choir, bell choir
- Help lead song time for Sunday School and VBS
- Lead Praise Band (monthly)
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Installation of Pastor Madeline
August 21 at 9 a.m.
Join us at worship on Aug. 21 for the installation of Pastor Madeline. Bishop Joy
will be visiting for the installation. There will be a reception following the worship service to celebrate with Pastor Madeline, Pastor Amy, and Bishop Joy. No RSVP needed!
Volunteers needed for the reception:
Bring Baked Goods and Fruit
Signups are by the Hearth Room!
STAR Group July Update
STAR is taking the month of July off. Please plan on coming to our next meeting on Aug 8th. We welcome all those that enjoy working together, talking together, and helping our Church community and Local community with our hands and hearts. Please join us, no craft talent needed.
Food Needs Ongoing
There are currently 12 volunteers helping with the Little Free Pantry. Doing something to help others is important to them. You, too, can help! Below is a list of donation needs for the pantry. If anyone would like to donate food for the Little Pantry, please note they can be dropped off inside Rm 205 (right inside east parking lot door).
Tuna/chicken in can or foil envelope
Cereal (regular size as super sized doesn’t fit well in box)
Fruit (cans or individual packages)
4 pack toilet paper
Kleenex tissues (small to medium)
Toothbrushes (individual package)
Dish soap (small)
Canned pasta/ chili/stew
Scholarship Fund Update
The quarter container for the UPAVIM scholarship donations has collected $180 as of June 15. Our goal is to meet last year’s total of just over $2,000. So, we need every quarter and dollar you can contribute to reach the goal by the end of September. Look for the container on the table in the Narthex as you enter the sanctuary. (If you don’t see it, ask an usher to find it in the office.)
Remember that all you give goes directly to the organization run by the women in the cooperative – no overhead at all! And you can give through your envelopes and on Tithe.ly.
Please donate generously each time you come to worship. Even your loose change can make a big impact on young lives and help end the cycle of poverty they are born into.
Prayers Requested For . . .
Ron Capek, Erin (granddaughter of Diane Rhuel’s friend), Joanne Nordeen, Eric Dassow (Sandy Weber’s nephew), Irving Luebke (Pearl Luebke’s son), Ron Capek, Bob Lord.
*Do you have a prayer concern? Email the prayer force at email@example.com. People will gladly pray for you or your loved one with their whole hearts! Please indicate if you would like to be put on the all-church prayer list.*
**Tidings are sent out every two weeks. Any submissions for the Tidings need to be sent to the office by the Wednesday of Tidings weeks.**
You must be logged in to post a comment.