Trinity Hiring Church Business Administrator
Trinity Lutheran Church in Fort Atkinson, WI is inviting applications for the part-time role of Church Business Administrator. Please read the role description below for more information.
Annual pay range: $24,000-$28,000
Typical weekly hours: 25 hours
To apply, email your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address your message to the “Hiring Team” and please include the word “Application” in the email subject line.
Objective: To oversee and manage the financial, personnel, property, and operations of Trinity Lutheran Church (TLC) teams and staff to enable TLC to live into its mission as a Living Community of Christ.
- Excellent communication and organization skills; Takes initiative, builds consensus and leads.
- Work with Treasurer and Financial Secretary to:
- oversee the church’s accounting and financial reporting activities
- adherence to expense reimbursement policy
- plan, implement, and monitor the annual church budget and report regularly on budget variances.
- develop a strategic financial plan, looking for ways to achieve a balanced budget.
- oversee church giving records and reporting to donors and a healthy, annual stewardship program.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to continually improve the efficiency and accuracy of financial record-keeping and reporting.
- Evaluate trends in congregational statistics and provide input and feedback to relevant staff, teams, and ELCA reporting channels
- In coordination with the HR Ministry Team:
- Recruit, hire, and train new hires
- Ensure that all new hires, terminations, and assignments are consistent with legal requirements, specific policies, and approved budgets.
- Oversee and evaluate the administration of human resources policies, procedures, and benefits in conjunction with the Personnel Committee; help develop or revise policies and employee benefits as needed.
- Provide support in coaching and performance-evaluation activities.
- Review and approve all payroll.
- Serve as a resource for staff about human resource matters.
- Maintain confidential employee records.
- Maintain records of employee attendance and vacation, sick time, and personal days.
- Assure the church’s compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws.
- Communicate with other churches / organizations in the community
- Oversee the safe, efficient, and cost-effective operations of Trinity Lutheran Church.
- Supervise Custodian, Office Administrator and technology team
- Schedule general maintenance and repairs for the church building and equipment
- Serve as a liaison with, and attend meetings of the Property Ministry Team, to:
- recommend budgeting of, and developing implementation plans for major facilities projects.
- ensure optimal allocation and smooth transitions of shared space.
- Hold regular meetings with operations and facility staff for the purposes of brainstorming, planning, delegating, scheduling, coordinating, problem-solving, and decision making.
- Responsible for vendor management
- Coordinate contacts for copyright licensing, equipment and vendors
- Work with music staff to determine sound equipment needs and research and recommend purchases.
- Expected to attend meeting as necessary (Finance, property and HR Ministry Teams)
- Act as the liaison between various ministry teams and council